A little cleanup

My fabric stash has gotten out of control, not in terms of volume, but in terms of organization.

My most used fabrics, batiks, were in closed bins where I couldn’t see them. My commercial cottons were on the shelves, almost falling off.

This morning, when I got into the studio, I decided I just couldn’t work in that chaos any longer. Actually, I have been thinking of it for a while, but didn’t feel I had the time to work on it. Today I took the time.

Partway through, it was looking like this, which is why I never do this when DH is home. Notice the pup on the floor sleeping.? He was totally worn out by then!

IMG_1247.JPG

Believe it or not, that was progress! And almost overwhelming for me. But I slugged on, sorting, refolding as necessary, and sorting.

At the end of the day, the studio is more organized and I can feel the thoughts and ideas starting to percolate.

This unit holds backgrounds, black and whites, flatfold yardages, and all my batiks:

IMG_0195.JPG

The wire shelving holds all my commercial cottons, except yellows and novelty that are still in their original place over the computer desk:

IMG_0196.JPG

And best of all, my cutting table and embroidery machine are both dug out and ready for use:

IMG_0197.JPG

So, with the inspiration of last weeks show, an organized work area and a week to spend in the studio with only 1 trip into town planned, let the quilting resime!

%d bloggers like this: