It’s been a full two weeks here. First off, I received my first vaccination shot. For the record, it went smoothly, I received the Pfizer vaccine and I had no side effects. I’m looking forward to life after the second vaccination and possibly a return to a little more travel. Although I expect that will be day trips only for quite a while.
We’ve tried to do some yard work. The weather hasn’t been very conducive to that. I really need to mow again, but our property is on a hill and the ground is so slippery from all the rain that I’m cautious. At least the back yard fenced in area is relatively flat. And small enough I can do the grassy part with the push mower if needed.
So, what have I been doing? Well the first week was customer quilts, all returned, no pics. I don’t know why I didn’t take pics this time, just slipped my mind.
But then last week my longarm went down parts have been ordered and hopefully by the end of this week will have been installed. So in the meantime, I stayed busy.
I did some piecing (client and family). And have three tops ready to be quilted. Two are for my oldest nieces on my husband’s side of the family.
I started piecing my youngest grandson’s quilt. He loves skateboarding so the focus fabric is skateboard themed.
The fabrics for my oldest granddaughter have been fully curated now. I’ll start cutting pieces this week.
Over the weekend I started painting my kitchen. The dining half is done. Moving the cabinets and storage was a chore though so the kitchen half didn’t get started yet. I really like this pale blue. It gives a hint of color but not overwhelming. And apparently I really like this light barely there color as I now have three rooms in various tones of barely there blue.
I’ve done some cross stitching in my “off my feet and ladders” time. Both my Frosty Forest and my Prairie Schoolers Santa are progressing nicely. I’m doing the Frosty Forest as individuals rather than a large piece.
I also did some organizing of my DMC threads. Every color has it’s own little baggie. Which is then put in numeric order into bins. When I collected it all from the various storage bins, I found several duplicates. Which makes me glad I changed my organization.
The only things that are not going well are my flower seedlings. But then again, they’re not in an optimal space for sprouting well and we’re still getting a few too many cold nights to move them to the mini greenhouse outside. 🤞they survive my care. I don’t have a good track record for sprouting seeds.
That’s all for now. I hope all my readers are staying well and busy and are experiencing the joy of spring sunshine. Until next time………..