Site icon

A little cleanup

My fabric stash has gotten out of control, not in terms of volume, but in terms of organization.

My most used fabrics, batiks, were in closed bins where I couldn’t see them. My commercial cottons were on the shelves, almost falling off.

This morning, when I got into the studio, I decided I just couldn’t work in that chaos any longer. Actually, I have been thinking of it for a while, but didn’t feel I had the time to work on it. Today I took the time.

Partway through, it was looking like this, which is why I never do this when DH is home. Notice the pup on the floor sleeping.? He was totally worn out by then!

Believe it or not, that was progress! And almost overwhelming for me. But I slugged on, sorting, refolding as necessary, and sorting.

At the end of the day, the studio is more organized and I can feel the thoughts and ideas starting to percolate.

This unit holds backgrounds, black and whites, flatfold yardages, and all my batiks:

The wire shelving holds all my commercial cottons, except yellows and novelty that are still in their original place over the computer desk:

And best of all, my cutting table and embroidery machine are both dug out and ready for use:

So, with the inspiration of last weeks show, an organized work area and a week to spend in the studio with only 1 trip into town planned, let the quilting resime!

Exit mobile version