Weekly Quilting Report Sept 22, 2013

I thought, perhaps a weekly quilting report would be a good way to keep track of my progress, and hopefully not lack of, on my personal and customer quilts.


This week I managed to accomplish quite a lot.  I finished a freehand feathered quilt for a customer:



Hard to see from the front, I had to quilt in the dark using side-lighting for everything except the outer border.  I was pretty nervous about my crossing over on the feathers, but once I took it off and got a good look at the back, I’m pleased with the result:


Next up were two identical, except for color, twin quilts.  Both received the same pantograph treatment on them.  I think they’re adorable!


Then I moved on to working on a commission quilt.  This one is to commemorate the life of a beloved pet who was my customer’s daily companion for many years as she traveled for work.  The blocks have one side of the first sashing on them.  I’m thinking of doing a double vertical sashing and a single horizontal sashing, with a single cornerstone treatment, if I can figure the measurements properly!  Otherwise the quilt is going to be much longer than the customer asked for.


And finally, I started working on my next personal quilt.  Having the GoCutter made cutting out all these pieces a breeze!  I’m so glad I invested in it.


That’s it for last week.  Hopefully I’ll accomplish this much, if not more, next week!

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: