Time slips away so quickly sometimes. I posted on the 9th, on the 10th I went outside to enjoy the weather and work in the yard. And promptly stepped in a rut and twisted my knee, hence the lack of posts in the last week.
But I have been quilting, slowly, a little bit at a time. Most of my quilting is still done standing, in spite of having the IQ, I find I stand to program it, and stand to freehand. Some days I will sit on my saddle stool, but I feel like I have more control if I’m standing (and I don’t like lifting the cushioned mat to roll the saddle stool!
So what have I been working on? Well, a customer quilt, a very large customer quilt! I’m ready now to take this off the machine and hand-turn the binding for her, but first I had to take pictures. With the fog outside and the studio lights today, conditions were excellent for seeing the quilting.
First up, the borders, and all these pictures show a combination of robotic quilting and freehand quilting. I really like the effect of combining the two.
Next the corner of the center section:
And lastly, a larger view of the center section:
An interesting aside on this quilt, the customer supplied a wool batt. Not the brand of wool batt that I stock and use, but a different wool batt. It was thinner, and a bit rougher, and thread breaks were an issue for this quilt. I’ll be asking her what brand it is, as I would really like to know.
(all pictures are clickable for a larger view)