Back in August I made this piece for an FFFC Challenge based on a pine in my back yard.
At the time, I noticed that particular pine was leaning heavily in the high winds. What I didn’t notice was the damage that was happenning.
Today we took it down because of this damage
Unfortunately, this tree was nestled in with two others that were showing signs of disease and now my back yard looks like this:
Aw well, at least if we do get sleet in overnight tonight, the birds will have lots of shelter still in these branches:
And as for us, we’ll be getting our exercise cleaning this mess up over the next couple weeks. At least if it had to happen, it’s cold outside and there are no bugs this time of year!