I”ve been quilting up a storm lately. Having taken a 2 week break from customer work to quilt my own quilts, I’ve wanted to make the most of it. And I had three sets of blocks I purchased from ebay earlier this year. The first one of the sets is now quilted and I LOVE IT!
I used a combination of IQ (robotic) quilting to set in the motifs and freehand for the echo and backfill. I can’t wait to see this off the machine bound and hanging on the wall. I’ve got eggshell walls in the house with cathedral ceilings so I can envision this is really going to POP on the wall!!!
And hanging down off the machine, this shows how much the quilting pops out. I used a rather thick poly batting from Quilters Dream to get the added fullness filled in.
There’s still a bit more fullness in the ebay applique blocks than I’d like to see, but I’m hoping that a combination of steaming and blocking will take care of that.
Next up, a little boy baby quilt…..that one I’ll put a panto on…..I’ll be back later with more pics!