I started working on a new quilt last night. The kit I purchased at IQF in Houston from Sew Batik is called “Harlequin” and I was reassured it would be a relatively quick quilt to make. Time is of a bit of a crunch here, this was supposed to be a gift this year. It might make it.
I had doubts as this quilt is cut out using templates, and I’ve never had good luck with template cutting. But last night I think I solved that. I photocopied the template patterns onto regular printer paper. Then I cut them out with the rotary cutter on the lines. pulled out an oversized sheet of mylar plastic and used spray adhesive to lay the paper pieces out on the mylar. I trimmed the excess mylar off, again with the rotary cutter, and voila, templates!!!! Plastic on one side, paper backed on the other. The paper backing really helps them to not slide under the ruler when I put them down on the fabric to cut.
End result, the ENTIRE quilt is cut out and tonight I’ll start my piecing on it. This is one stack of pieces for it.
And just for a splash of color today. I purchased this one as mine hadn’t started to bloom and now it looks like they just might in a week or two! But until then, I get to see this:
1 thought on “Templates for a new quilt”
Oh those are pretty colors!! And I’m in awe of anyone who can get a Christmas Cactus to bloom!!! Have fun!!!!