I’ve finished my piece for the Quilt Art Flower Power Challenge. Actually, I finished it a couple weeks ago, but am just now posting it. Although my flower, according to the online quiz, should have been a snapdragon, I was inspired by daisies. This was a fun little piece to create, no preplanned ideas, it just came together one step after the other. I’ve posted parts of this in stages before, here’s the completed piece in an overall view:
And a couple detail shots:
The background, is made entirely of my hand-dyed fabrics. I used Caran D’Ache watercolors for the painted details, hot-fix crystals for the center details, my embroidery machine for the inset piece, free-motion quilting, fusible binding, and a little tin dragonfly pin I found at a show a year or so back. At the time I wasn’t sure what I would do with it, but I knew one day I would need it!