I finished the little fiber fix piece I showed a while back. After the previous posting, I decided the piece needed some sparkle. So it was experimental time with glitters and glues. The most important lesson learned from that experiment….you must have patience! LOL I tried several different glues after thinking the first glue wasn’t going to give me the effect I wanted. And when I was done, the first glue turned out to be the best choice after all.
Then I decided the piece wasn’t substantial enough to hang on its own. A trip to visit a show of Delores Hamilton’s work earlier this year gave me an idea for hanging this piece. I purchased a stretched canvas and proceeded to paint it to co-ordinate with the picture. A final mounting of the piece, and this is the end result.
I used a fusible binding on the piece before it was mounted on the canvas. I’d like to do this again and refine a few of the experiments I played with on this one.
Hope you enjoy and have a creative day!!!!